Friday 13 June 2008

Weekly challenge and some blooms in my garden!

Took some photo's in my garden this morning, as it was rather sunny, despite being warned by the weather people that it would rain... I was really suprised as all off a sudden there is a big flourish of colour at the back of the garden, they are clematus... (I think)







I planted some flowers last year and they have also started to come out, it is another clematus, I put it in the corner of the garden near the Garage, I must admit I am suprised as it seems to be taking off now as I have started to bob and weave it within the trelice. The flower to the side is the only flower open at the moment.. but I am sure that there is more on their way....
This is my first attempt at completeing a layout using an "old" photo, as it was part of the challenge to use a photo of childhood.... I was pleasently suprised as I had a paisley dress on and I have recently really got into Paisley papers and decorative bits.. so I found it quite easy to put the layout together.... I also used a stamp that I bought for my birthday.... (Nina you will be proud of me)... and I also inked the edges.....
I have just found out from my mum that I was three when the photo was taken, so I will put my age on the layout... I was also suprised as the photo was taken at Green Lane in Dagenham, yet my mum and dad lived in Brentwood, and Paul grew up in Barking and then moved to Dagenham when he was about 8, what a small world.....
MAGIC AND SPARKLE XXXXXXX

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Clemetis picture. I am so sorry that this Father's Day is without your little girl. Hope you are ok. Deb x

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Lovely LO. Love the paisley patterned bits and the pink! Cute photo!

Mrsjobee said...

Well done on doing the challenge - decided to give this one a miss.

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

How fab that you had the perfect paper to match your dress - your LO looks great.

Inspiration Alley said...

Lovely LO, your choice of paper is perfect.